Are you interested in Human Rights? Do you want to develop your leadership and political action skills? Would you like to connect with other like-minded, young activists? If so, then this opportunity is for you!
The Canadian Federation of Nurses’ Unions (CFNU) will be sponsoring one CNSA member for travel, accommodation, and registration to attend two consecutive conferences from October 20th to 25th, 2016 in Ottawa, ON: the Rise Up! Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) Human Rights conference and the CLC Young Workers Summit.
Rise Up! CLC Human Rights Conference: http://www.riseup2016.ca/#the-conference
CLC Young Workers Summit: http://www.yws2016.ca/#the-conference
Submit your application with an essay (max. 500 words) addressing these questions:
- Why are you interested in attending each event?
- How will you use what you learn at these events to further your career as a future nurse?
Please include your contact number along with your application.
- Must be part of a CNSA Chapter School in good standing
- Must be willing to share a room with a CNSA Board of Directors member
- Must be willing to prepare a presentation highlighting what was learned at the conferences. Once approved by the CNSA Executive Committee, this presentation will be disseminated to all CNSA members and CFNU
- Must send a thank you letter to CFNU President, Linda Silas
- Must be able to attend both events in full
- Professional conduct at all times, during and outside of the conferences
- Attendance of the conference events in full
Application deadline: September 15th, 2016 by 2359 EDT
Send your application to:
Sheren Anwar Siani
CNSA Vice-President/Chair of the Awards Committee
The successful applicant will be notified on September 19th, 2016
CFNU Travel & Conference Award: Download