Canadian Nursing Students’ Association
Ontario-Quebec Regional Conference 2016
Ryerson University cordially invites you to attend the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association 2016 Ontario Quebec Regional Conference, Toronto’s largest nursing conference in the heart of downtown at the Metro Toronto Convention Center from September 30 to October 2, 2016. This 3 day conference is an excellent chance to build skills, to advance your nursing career, and to get a head start in the job market! This event also includes opportunities to network with successful nurses, health professionals and health care organizations.
The Ontario-Quebec Nursing Regional Conference 2016 welcomes all nursing students to attend! Early bird registration ends on August 25, 2016 at 11:59PM EST!
This event features:
- Keynote Speaker: Hear from Kathy Sabo, Former (Retired) Senior Vice President at the University Health Network and Executive Lead at Toronto Western Hospital
- NCLEX–RN Preparation Workshop: Hear from Dr. Patricia Bradley. She has extensive teaching experience in Canada and the United States. She has been invited all over North America to give presentations about the NCLEX-RN.
- Workshops: International Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing, Psychiatric Emergency Nursing, Mindfulness and Self-Care, Community Health, Health Literacy and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Nursing Specialty Sessions: Emergency, Pediatrics, Maternity, Oncology, Community Health and Geriatric Emergency Management (More specialties to be confirmed later on!)
- Nursing School Success Workshop: Learn about strategies you can try as a student in order to ace school, succeed in the job search and advance your career!
- Panel Sessions: “Caring for Victims with Experiences of Violence” Panel and “New Graduate and Novice Nurses: Insights and Experiences on the NCLEX, Job Hunt and Other Topics”
- Exhibitor, Career and Networking Fair: Sunnybrook Health Sciences, Canadian Armed Forces, Ontario Nurses Association, Registered Nurses Association of Ontario and more!
- Nightingale Gala: Enjoy a nursing formal and a three course meal for only an additional $40!
- Meals: Regular admission includes lunch and snacks!
Event details are as follows:
- WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- WHY: Gain skills, discover nursing specialties, get ahead in the job hunt and network with prospective employers and mentors.
- HOW:Register at https://oqrc2016.ca/registration
- COST: Early bird rates package start at $85 which covers your attendance for all three days of the conference, including meals and snacks. They are available only until August 15, 2016!
- WHEN:September 30 – October 2, 2016. Schedule details are as follows:
Pre-conference Workshops (Optional to attend. No additional cost): 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM,Friday, September 30, 2016
Opening Ceremonies: 6:30 PM – 9:45 PM, Friday, September 30, 2016
Conference Sessions and Exhibitor Fair: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday, October 1, 2016
Nightingale Gala (Optional to attend): 7:30 PM – 1:00 AM, Saturday, October 1, 2016
Career and Networking Fair: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Sunday, October 2, 2016
Building the Future: Inspiring the Next Generation of Nurses
This year’s theme focuses on motivating and inspiring our future nurses to find innovative solutions, to advocate for our most vulnerable population, and to deliver an impact in our healthcare community. Through this conference, we hope to:
- Expose future nurses to innovative solutions in the health field
- Equip future nurses with the skills to advocate for our most vulnerable population and relevant health-related issues
- Harness the power of the future nurses to deliver an impact in our healthcare field
- Inspire future nurses to become the next generation of leaders in our society
With the knowledge and information from this conference, this will inspire a new generation of nurses who will employ innovative strategies to find solutions in healthcare, to advocate for our vulnerable population, and to deliver positive changes in our healthcare system.
For more information, please visit our official website at: www.oqrc2016.ca
Novotel Toronto Centre is the official hotel partner of this year’s Ontario-Quebec Regional Conference. Upon completing your registration payment through Tilt, you will receive an email with a link to reserve a hotel room at a preferential pricing of $209.00+HST/night. Novotel offers competitive pricing in comparison to other hotels in the surrounding area. Novotel Toronto Centre is currently offering rooms with 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds and pricing is based on single/double or triple/quad occupancies.
Let’s inspire the next generation
Visit www.OQRC2016.ca to register
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter: @OQRC2016 and like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/oqrc2016
September 30 2016 - October 02 2016