CNSA 2019 Elections – Nomination Quick Guide
Below you will find important election information about the 2019 elections for the incoming board of directors.
Pre-Election: In the event that potential candidates are unable to attend National Conference and National Assembly, there will be a pre-election period where they can submit their nomination form to email@example.com. Candidates who run in the pre-election will need to provide the name of an Agent (OD/AD of your chapter) to represent them at the conference during the All Candidates’ Meeting (ACM) and to give a speech on their behalf. (See Candidate Representation on page 2.)
- Friday, January 11th, 2019 0800h EST– Pre-Election Nomination Period Opens
- Friday, January 18th, 2019 2000h EST – Pre-Election Nomination Period Closes
- Tuesday, January 22th, 2019 1630h MST – Nomination Period Opens
- Thursday, January 24th, 2019 1700 MST – Nomination Period Closes
- Thursday, January 24th, 2016 1700 MST to Saturday, January 26th, 2016 0830 MST – Campaigning Period
- Saturday, January 26th, 2019 1300 MST – Incoming Board of Directors Elections
- Nomination forms will be available online, as well as at National Conference.
- Only fully completed nomination forms will be considered for election, any forms not including valid information will be considered ineligible.
- Current Board of Directors are not allowed to sign nomination forms.
- The official list of nominees shall be announced before the close of the second session of National Assembly by the Chair of the National Election Committee (CNEC).
- Prior to elections being held, each candidate shall be given the opportunity to present themselves to the National Assembly.
- If there is only one candidate for an elected position that person shall be considered acclaimed pending a YES/NO vote during the election process.
- Committee Chairs are not part of the CNSA Board of Directors, but they are integral to the working of the association.
- Every committee chair has regular ongoing communication with the board. This communication ensures that committee chairs and the board are kept up-to-date with the activities of the association.
- Committee Chairs are encouraged to submit funding proposals to attend CNSA Board meetings as well as external conferences. Travel to meetings is not guaranteed, but each proposal is review on a case-by-case basis, and is evaluated by the subject matter of the event and the current year’s budget.
- A candidate may choose to appoint an Agent to act on their behalf in their absence.
- The Agent must be designated on the nomination form included in the nomination package.
- An Agent may be removed by their candidate at any time by submitting a written notice to the CNEC. Once a candidate has removed an agent this right becomes forfeit. At no time will an Agent be replaced.
- Agents may not be a full time staff member of CNSA, a committee chair, or a member of the BOD.
All Candidates’ Meeting (ACM):
- An ACM shall be called no later than twenty-four (24) hours after the close of the Nomination Period.
- All Candidates must be represented at the meeting either in person or by their agent.
- Failure to attend the ACM will result in disqualification from the election.
- Specific details on campaigning will be discussed during the All Candidates’ Meeting.
- Information about campaigning can be found on section 5 of the Elections Policy.
For the full Elections Policy please visit the follow link: http://aeic.ca/files/files/2014%20Documents/Policies%20booklet%202014%20EG%20FINAL.pdf
Below you will find the Pre-Election Nomination sheet. This is for candidates who are not attending National Conference in person.